On Saturday, March 23, 2019, PWCARES supported the Marine Corps Marathon Program Office with the annual 17.75K run through the Prince William County Forest. Thanks to all who came out to support the event.
What Went Right
- Despite the wind, the antenna at Start/Stop stayed up, thanks to proper guying by Tom, W4PIO.
- The 6m frequency worked for communications among those that had it.
What can be improved
- Oddly, 2m communications did not work. Whether that can be attributed to a geomagnetic storm that rolled through Friday into Saturday, or something else, we are not sure. As the sun came up the communications improved. In one case, David, KG4GIY and Tom, W4PIO were standing almost next to each other and one could hear the communications and one could not, and there was no predictability about who heard what, when.
- Despite 6m working, it is not conducive to those that have to walk a bit to be able to see all of their section, making it a less than optimum solution.
- Several folks forgot their access passes.
Thanks to Brian, WC4J (top photo) and Eric, KJ4MSW (bottom photo).