Slides from the training are available.
On Saturday, January 19, 2019, PWCARES had their first training of 2019. Some of the topics we covered included:
There are a number of events coming up this year. First for the Marine Corps Program Office.
- Crossroads 17.75K (March 23)
- Run Amuck/Belleau Wood (June 15)
- Quantico Tri/Quantico 12K (August 24)
- Turkey Trot (Our November Training (November 16)
- Honor 8K (December 7)
Other fun events:
- United Resolve HF CommEx with the National Guard (June 1)
- Save Our Wounded Warrior Bike Ride (June 8)
- Field Day (June 22 – June 23)
- The Simulated Emergency Test (2nd Weekend of October)
- Winlink Wednesdays (every Wednesday). Details in the attached PDF.
There are new required training events, posted on the Training Page. For the classroom courses, we will be working with the County to get them arranged, either as a part of our regular training or a couple of evening trainings. Please send your certifications to the EC when you have completed the courses. If you have prior versions, you do not have to retake the course.
There have been some minor changes in the ICS 213 form and the ICS 214 forms. Please make sure you have the current forms in your kits. There are also new forms you need to know about, including the Prince William County Resource Form (see the Quick Reference Guide) and the Volunteer Request Form. Please familiarize yourself with these forms. One minor change from past years is that the paper process will be used over WebEOC, which will have a limited role going forward. If you are familiar with WebEOC, you can forget all that material.
The ICS forms tab has now been updated with the relevant forms you should have in your kits.
A hearty thank you to the cadre for all the help in 2018 and I look forward to a great 2019.