On June 3, Greg, KM4CCG briefed us on how we are going to execute Field Day 2021 (The PDF is available. Please drop David an email if you would like access to the WebEx).
Here are the key points:
- If you want to participate, please drop Greg an email (in the PDF)
- We need to know who is willing to help with:
- Set up/Tear down – details coming soon
- Food: David and Marc are going wrangle food
- Network: David has the gear, but anyone can figure out what else we need.
- Prince William County ARES and others who would like to operate
- We will use W4PWC as our call
- GOTA call to be determined
- Field Day 2021 – Saturday and Sunday June 26 – 27
- Possible setup and tear down Friday, June 25 and Monday, June 28 tbd
- Where: Prince William County Government Centre – our usual grassy spot between McCoart and Owens.
This is a fun event. Our purpose is three fold:
- Get back on the air!
- Try out some new bands, modes, or operating styles
- Test our set ups after a year in storage
We are planning to operate under the “F” flag and will be working in cooperation with our partners in Emergency Management. We hope to have a straw man menu posted on Monday, but if you have food suggestions, or dietary restrictions, please drop a note to David as well.
Thanks to Greg, Marc, and the team for leading this effort this year.
We look forward to seeing you at Field Day 2021!