This morning we had our regular training meeting via WebEx. The agenda and notes are below. Slides are at the bottom with the video.
- Current Update from the County and Cities
- PWC EOC moved to partial activation as of 1600 2020-05-13
- ARES moved to “Normal” at 1700h 2020-05-15
- Northern Virginia dictates that the region remain in Phase Zero until identified benchmarks are met. All current restrictions will remain in effect until at least May 28th, as identified in Executive Order 62.
- Virginia Department of Health will be hiring 1000 contact tracers to assist efforts to identify persons exposed.
- The Commonwealth is placing a focus on continuing to increase testing and Personal Protective Equipment availability, as these are essential to moving into and remaining in Phase One of reopening Virginia.
- Potomac Mills scheduled to reopen May 29
Virginia Reserve Medical Corps is also looking for volunteers. It required FEMA 700 and 100. Link is: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/mrc/
- Upcoming events (there are a couple)
- Run Amuck/ReconRuck/Belleau Wood (June 20)
- OSS/CIA 50 mile overnight run (June 20)
- Field Day (June 27/28)
- MCM New Run (July 14/15)
- ARES Training (July 18)
- Fox Hunt (July 18)
- National Night Out (August 4)
- PWC, Manassas Park
- Quantico Tri (August 22)
- Field Day discussions (how, when, what?)
- Nuclear option is possible – we just don’t hold the event
- Difficult to physical distance
- No rule changes to account for the times
- Access to restrooms may not be possible
- No shared food
- No county support
- David to make final decision in the next few days
- Fox Hunt (July 18 as possible date)
- We have not had a fox hunt in the county in a long time
- Proposed 0900 start time
- Meet at Potomac Mills
- Larry, K4MLA to write up a brief about what a fox hunt is and what is required to play
- Demo event planned for a week or two prior to the actual event
- Winlink has depreciated Winmore and will be removing it.
- Suggested alternatives are ARDOP (included) or VARA (extra charge)
- Winlink Wednesdays are a great way to play with Winlink. See the Winlink Wednesday blog post.
- Open Items and discussion
- First tropical wave of the 2020 hurricane season spinning off the coast of Florida. First named storm likely. Stay current with the National Hurricane Center.
- PDF of training slides
- Video of meeting (coming)